Pages

Friday, May 30, 2014

Old Fashioned Lemon Pies

Our week(s) have been crazy and I still don't have quite everything moved.  However, everything we have moved is unpacked and dh is bringing a car load of things tonight when he comes up.  I'm not complaining because we are up and running; I've had to make a few alterations to our usual -- like buying pie shells because my pie plates aren't here...lol.  They won't come until next weekend, but I'm too cheap to buy more because then I'd just have to store them.



 
Two old fashioned lemon pies are cooling on the counter.
 
These are the pies like my grandmamma made
with a flour and egg custard base.
I love that they use pantry staples other than the lemons.
These aren't gluten free,
but when all my supplies are here I'll try my hand
at converting the recipe.
If it doesn't work no big deal because I don't make them
super frequently.
 

4 comments:

  1. Even when welcomed, moving is very hard work. Good luck as you continue your move and unpacking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks and sounds delicious, Shara! Nice to see you back in blogland. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pie looks delicious, Shara.

    ReplyDelete